Sunday, August 14, 2016

sickbeetsfoodblog: Crispy Chilli Tofu  I’m in Folkestone, south...













sickbeetsfoodblog:

Crispy Chilli Tofu 

I’m in Folkestone, south coast of Kent, staying with my parents for a week where my mum has introduced me to a vegetarian/vegan cafe called Beano’s a short walk away from their house. They have a really great variety of vegan food, I even had a full vegan fry up this morning! Last week my friend Katie and I had a vegan chilli tofu dish with crispy noodles and we absolutely loved it, so here’s my version - vegan (of course) and gluten free 

Ingredients (serves 2) 

•half a block of cauldron’s tofu 

•chilli sauce (the one i used is tesco’s churrasco, it was £1 and really tasty with a slightly smokey flavour. I used 1tbsp but measurements with vary with different types of hot sauce - some are very spicy so always try it out first!) 

•3 spring onions •a cup of sweet corn 

•3 small cloves of garlic/2 cloves of medium sized 

•2 servings of brown rice 

•a pinch of salt + pepper 

•olive oil 

Cooking directions 

Cook the brown rice, approx 25 mins. Heat the oil, salt, pepper and finely chopped garlic in a non-stick pan on medium heat until lightly sizzling. Add the sliced tofu and chilli sauce and fry for 10-15 minutes until crisp and brown. Add the sweetcorn and spring onions and fry for a further 3-5 minutes then taste to check the sweetcorn is cooked. Serve hot on a bed of brown rice, perhaps with diced avocado to cool the heat of the chilli sauce. 

•Tofu is a great source of protein, iron and calcium and contains all 8 essential amino acids which are needed for energy and regulating the metabolism. •Brown rice is full of fibre and is shown to help reduce high cholesterol levels.

from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2buni0p via alanafalk.jimdo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment