Saturday, October 15, 2016

the-cocoa-nut: Fall-Inspired Spiced Apple Pie Oatmeal Sweater...



the-cocoa-nut:

Fall-Inspired Spiced Apple Pie Oatmeal

Sweater weather is upon us! (Though here in the UK, it’s perpetually sweater weather!). As the days get cooler, I find myself craving a comfortable bowl of warm oatmeal in the mornings, rather than cereal or smoothie bowls. I was playing around with my oatmeal recipe this morning in the kitchen and I think I’ve made apple pie in a bowl here, replete with all my favourite fall flavours.

To make the oatmeal:
Combine 1 cup of milk and ½ cup oats (this is a serving for me, but feel free to adjust according to your preferences!) in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 clove, 1 cardamom pod (separate the seeds from the shell and add the seeds into the oats; you can chuck in the shell separately too for more flavour) and ½ a star anise (optional). Grate ½ a red apple into small thin strips, and add that into the saucepan as well, to stew with the oats. Bring the whole mixture to a boil. Sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon. Once it’s boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer, making sure to stir frequently to avoid it sticking in the pan. Once the oats have reached your desired consistency, remove from the pan and serve. I topped mine with the remaining ½ of the apple which I sliced up, as well as some nuts and seeds. This works really well with some raisins thrown in during the cooking process as well!

Enjoy your apple pie in a bowl!

from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2dRT0DX via alanafalk.jimdo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment